Airconsole Mini 2.0, single port console server
Air Console Mini is designed to be permanently powered, making it ideal for out of band management of any device with a serial management port. Use it with firewall, load balancers, switches, storage arrays and many other devices.
Air Console Mini has all the functionality of the other Air Console models, which includes:
- WiFi (802.11n)
- Wired Ethernet Port
- USB Connector
- USB to Serial Adapter
Air Console Mini does NOT include an internal battery and is designed to be powered via its micro USB port via a separate power supply (not included).
Serial Ports over WiFi
Connect to Airconsole over WiFi from your smartphone or tablet (requires separate app) to access a serial devices such as a firewall, network switch, load balancer etc.
Airconsole supports the full RS-232 protocol, and supports:
- Baud rates from 9.6k to 230k
- 7/8 Data Bits
- Odd/Even/No Parity
- 1/2 stop bits
- CTS/RTS and DSR/DTR hardware flow control
Serial Port over Bluetooth
Use Airconsole for access to wired RS232 serial ports over Bluetooth Low Energy or Bluetooth 2.1 EDR (depending on client device).
- BLE Serial connectivity is supported on iOS and OSX platforms at baud rates from 1200 to 57600bps.
- Serial over Bluetooth 2.1EDR is supported on Windows and Android (using the free SerialBot app) at baud rates up to 115,200bps.
Bridge Wireless to Wired Ethernet
Airconsole can be used as a wired to wireless Ethernet bridge! You can use your iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac or PC can connect to the wired LAN transparently.
When used with Get Console app you can use Get Console's built in TFTP server to upload new files to a devices Ethernet management port while controlling it from its Serial console port.
Airconsole has a built in web management interface for changing its default configuration. Some of the options are:
- Encrypted or open WiFi
- Enabling routing
- Static IP or DHCP Server
- Firmware Upgrades
Other Advanced Features
Machine-to-Machine mode: Connect serial devices back to back over an IP WAN using 2 Airconsole units
- AP Client: Airconsole can join existing WiFi networks while concurrently operating its own WIFI network, and route between them (with or without NAT)
- Built in web based terminal: access serial console ports from any modern web browser directly instead of a terminal app.
- Serial Baud rates from 1200 through 115200 (up to 230k supported in Mac/PC)
- Serial Baud rates (using BLE) from 1200 through 57600
- Hardware Flow Control (RTS/CTS or DSR/DTR)
- Standard Serial over RJ45 pin out (for direct connection to Cisco console ports
- 802.11N Wireless at up to 150Mbps
- 10/100 Ethernet with Auto-MDIX
Important Note: 57600 baud is supported on serial interface, however the BLE radio limits actual throughput to 17Kbps (iOS) and packet buffering or possibly overflow may occur during sustained transfers over BLE.
If sustained rates at 38400 or higher baud is required, switch to WIFI.